13 February 2017
150 Years of the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad 13.3.2016
The High Court of Allahabad was established by a Royal Charter as the High Court of Judicature for the North Western Province on 17th March, 1866 and was seated at Agra. At that time, it was comprised of the First Chief Justice – Sir Walter Morgan and five other judges Alexander Ross, William Edwards, William Roberts, Francis Boyle Parson and Charles Arthur Turner.
The High Court celebrated its Centenary in the year 1966. The Post Centenary Silver Jubilee Function of the High Court was celebrated in the year 1991.