28 November 2014

Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das - Birth Anniversary 1965

Chittaranjan Das (popularly called Deshbandhu "Friend of the country") (5 November 1870 – 16 June 1925) was an Indian politician and Founder-leader of the Swaraj (Independence) Party in Bengal under British rule.

CHITTARANJAN DAS Among the personages who shaped the destiny of the Indian struggle for freedom, Chittaranjan Das ranks as one of the most outstanding and prominent patriots who sacrificed his all for the country's cause. " If I die in this work of winning freedom, I believe I shall be born in this country again and again, live for it, hope for it, work for it with all the energy of my life, with all the love of my nature till I see the fulfillment of my hope and the realisation of this idea", said the patriot whom his countrymen rightly called "Deshbandhu."

No comments:

Post a Comment